Window Cleaning FAQs
1. Why do I need to have my windows cleaned regularly?
Aside from the fact that dirty windows detract from the beauty of your home, without regular cleaning, mineral deposits build up to the degree that you can't get them cleaned. Also, there is a health benefit for those who have allergies and repertory issues, as dust and dirt get caked in the seals and tracks.
2. Why should I use a professional window cleaning company?
Quite simply, cleaning windows is time-consuming, it's expensive to buy the right products, and worst of all, the combination of high windows and a not-so-stable ladder can be dangerous.
3. How do I know that I am hiring a reputable window cleaning company in Denver?
You need to make sure the company is not using subcontractors, because they typically aren't insured. Also, find out how long the company has been in business and do your research on Yelp, Angie's List, etc.
4. What is the best way to care for my windows?
If you have broken window seals (which may be due to Colorado's extreme temperatures), moisture can get trapped inside, so it would be worthwhile to have them checked, and if necessary re-caulked. Also, if you are having your house power washed, make sure it is not sprayed directly.
5. What window cleaning services do you offer?
Jack's Window & Carpet Cleaning offers exterior and interior residential and commercial window cleaning for buildings up to three stories. We also offer apartment and condo window cleaning for sliding glass doors, and windows and balcony glass paneling which is usually not covered by property management. We also do screen repair.
Carpet Cleaning FAQs
1. What is the best way to care for my carpet?
Vacuum often! You can never do it enough! Also, keep shoes off the carpet and rugs and get your carpets steam cleaned at least once a year.
2. What is the best way to clean carpet?
Truck-mounted, steam carpet cleaning leads to deeper extraction of dirt. It is hands down the best method for cleaning – and therefore prolonging – the life of your carpet.
3. What needs to be considered when hiring a carpet cleaning company in Denver?
You are going to have this person in your home of office, so make sure they are licensed and insured!
4. How can a homeowner know they are choosing a reputable Denver carpet cleaner?
Do your research! See how long they've been around. Check BBB, Angies List and Yelp for reviews.
5. How long can I expect the carpets to take to dry after they are cleaned?
It depends on the time of year. In Colorado, 4 – 6 hours in the summer is generally enough. In the winter, you should allow for 6 – 8 hours.
6. If I pay to have my carpets cleaned professionally, is it safe to use a grocery store product to treat spots?
No! The PH levels are way too high in those solutions. You need something much more neutral. Ask the carpet cleaning company for a bottle of solution after they finish in your home.
7. Does Scotchguard/Teflon Coating really work to protect the carpets?
Yes! It keeps a barrier on top so that spills and dirt don't get grounded into the fibers.
8. My family suffers from allergies. Can carpet cleaning help?
Yes! Cleaning your carpets will help alleviate allergy suffering by removing dust mites, pet dander and pollen.
9. What should I do about a pet stain in the carpet?
You should quickly apply a pro spotter, something that's a good neutralizer that won't set the stain in. Blot the stain, but don't scrub. If you absolutely have to, use mild dish soap and water. You do not want to use many of the non-professional carpet cleaners available. They are too strong and will dye or bleach the carpet.